Who is this for?
• Visual artists who sell their artwork
• Performing, literary, and design artists who do contract work and have 1099s to file
About the workshop:
Conquer your fear or confusion about taxes! This workshop breaks down artists' taxes, recordkeeping, and company models into plain English. Accountant Michele M. Stanton specializes in helping individual artists navigate the intimidating world of accounting & taxes. This workshop will offer clear, manageable information and guidance to help empower the individual artist.
• Business vs. Hobby
• Business structures (Sole Proprietor, LLC, S Corp, etc)
• Taxes (deductions, sales tax, employment tax, income tax)
• Case studies
• Step-by-step instructions that make filling out your Schedule C a piece of cake
• Resources & solutions
Have no fear! Sign up for this workshop!
In advance: $15 ($5 for Fresh Arts members) - members must be logged into their account to get discount
Walk-up: $20 ($10 for Fresh Arts members)
About the presenter:
Michele M. Stanton has over 25 years experience in accounting, auditing, consulting, litigation support, and forensic accounting. During her career, she has worked in both the public and private sectors, and works regularly with individual artists and arts organizations as a board member and volunteer accountant with Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts. http://stantoncpas.com
This workshop is co-hosted with Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts and AIGA Houston.