Frequently Asked Questions
- I forgot my username and/or password and can't log in. What do I do?
- I have signed up for an account. Now what?
- Do I have to pay to be listed in the Artist or Nonprofit Registry?
- How do I add my event to the Culture Guide calendar?
- How do I add a portfolio of my work to my profile?
- What Browser should I use?
- I seem to be having problems with different parts of the site, what should I do?
This happens...we understand!
We have a password retriever system set up on our website so try that first. However, for some unknown reason (that we've been trying to figure out), the password re-set system does not work for every type of email client.
If you have tried asking to re-set or retrieve your password and it doesn't work, please email us at email@example.com and we can create a new password for you and send you both your correct username and new temporary password.
Now that you have created an account, you can begin adding your content to our site. Once you log in with your username and password, the navigation menu buttons on the right-hand side of the page will change.
To create your online profile to be included in our Artist Registry, click the "Create Your Profile" button at the top of the right-hand navigation menu. This will take you to a form that will allow you build and customize your information for the public to see. This also adds your name into our internal database so your profile can be added to events and other information dynamically throughout Fresh Arts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Fresh Art's Artist Registry is not a social network, it is an artist network. Please choose a picture of your artwork for your main Profile image. For example, if you are a visual artist, choose a photo of your best artwork for your Profile image. However, if you are an actor, you will want to include either your headshot as your Profile image or a photo of you performing.
Still need help with your profile? Watch this short tutorial!
As a Fresh Arts website account user, you may also ADD the following to our site:
- - Arts and culturally-related events (Culture Guide)
- - Arts and culturally-related press releases (Culture Wire)
- - Artist Opportunities including job postings, grant applications, calls for entry, residency calls, competitions, etc. (Field Guide)
- - Location of your arts event
- - Spaces in the Houston area that are rentable or reservable
To add any of these items, just click the "Create/Edit/Manage Content" button on the right-hand navigation menu and you will be taken to your "Workspace."
Select the item you want to add from the drop-down menu on your Workspace page and then click the button "Add this item."
Complete the form and press "Save" at the bottom when you're done. Once you press "Save," your event will be live on our site.
You can always go to your Workspace by clicking "Create/Edit/Manage Content" to go back into any item you've added to our site and edit/delete.
No. However, those artists, nonprofits, and businesses with Culture 365 Memberships ($50, $250, and $500 respectively) receive additional benefits.
At the FREE level, you can:
- - Create an online profile
- - Add digital assets to ONE FREE linked portfolio (unlimited images & up to three multimedia files)
- - Add event, exhibition, and rehearsal locations to our Locations database
- - Add Press Releases to Culture Wire to be distributed via Spacetaker's social media networks.
- - Add events to our comprehensive online Culture Guide calendar
- - Create Field Guide listings (similar to a classifieds system, only free) for artist opportunities, the swap shop, and arts-related materials, services, and rentable spaces.
With PAID Culture 365 Membership, your options include:
- - Preferred placement on Spacetaker's website (your profile is featured on a rotation bases throughout site)
- - Adding digital assets to MULTIPLE linked portfolios (unlimited image & multimedia files) so you can showcase more of your work in distinct portfolios
- - Opportunity to be the featured Artist, Organization or Business in our weekly event newsletter
- - Enhanced promotion on Spacetaker's social media networks
- - Discounted rates on banner ads and web advertising
Great! We want your events!
We recommend using the most recent version of Firefox.
It can be downloaded at http://www.firefox.com and it is free.
Spacetaker has been test on both PC and Mac and functions well on both platforms with the most current browsers. If you are experiencing issues upgrade your browsers and then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org